Washington County Free Library offers tons of services for the computer user, or even those who prefer Android, iPhones, or tablets like iPad or Windows 8 tablets.
- Look up books in the card catalog, and put a ‘hold’ on the titles you want. You can select where you want to pick them up. This came in handy for avoiding trips to Hagerstown, when I could just pick them up at the local library in my town.
- Borrow books for Kindle. And you don’t need a Kindle, but the Kindle App (free) for computers (tablet or phones), and read on them. You need the Kindle app and Overdrive, but check out this page for more information. Still confused? The library has people who will help you every step of the way.
- Computer classes (free). You can learn through a number of classes in a classroom setting. They teach Windows 7 (I can show you Windows 8 or pervious versions as well. Including how to use phones, tablets, and other technology)
- Book Clubs! You can join the Mystery, Romance, Faces of the Civil War, or Online book clubs.
- Search for a job. Use their computers in the library, or simply use their links provided to find work locally.
- Lots of events. This includes movie nights, story time, speakers, teen activities, parties, and more.
If you liked this post, please share and let others know.