You may find that when clicking links in web sites to send email, you get Outlook email popping up. If you use primarily Gmail, this can be frustrating.
Want Gmail to be the default email handler? Here’s a quick tutorial:
1. Open your Gmail in the Chrome Browser and sign into your account.
2. Take note at the upper right-hand corner of the browser, there is an icon called the Protocol Handler icon.
3. Click on that; this switches your default email handler to Gmail.
If you cannot see the icon, there is another way;
- Go to Chrome settings using the small Settings icon located at the upper right hand corner of the Chrome browser.
- At the bottom of the Settings screen, click Advanced settings.
- Now scroll to Privacy.
- In the pop-up window, you will need to scroll down to Handlers.
- Select the drop down menu for Gmail and click Done.
- You now have your Gmail email as your default handler of email.
If you found this helpful, please comment, subscribe, or visit again for more tips and tutorials.
Posted in Internet, learning, tip, web
Tagged chrome, computer, gmail, learnthepc, link, pc, tips, tutorial
When navigating the screen with your computer (PC) mouse, take note on the number of buttons that are available;
RIGHT BUTTON- This button provides the action of clicking, double clicking, and dragging the cursor to create action. Single or double clicking on an icon will open the file/program, or clicking and dragging will ‘highlight’ files/programs and even text in documents.
LEFT BUTTON- This button provides extra commands in the form of pop up menus. By ‘left-clicking’ on an icon, text, program, you get a pop up menu with commands such as Properties or Cut/Paste commands. This varies depending on what item you selected.
SCROLL BUTTON- This button moves like a wheel to navigate through web pages or documents in word processors. But it can do other things too;
- Hover over a hyperlink and press the Scroll Button down like a button and it opens another tab.
- In a browser, click the Ctrl key while scrolling and this will enlarge or make smaller the text.
A tutorial on Mouse properties;
There are occasions that the CD/DVD drive of a computer refuses to open with conventional methods. You can open with the button available on the drive, but you can also try opening through the computer by going to My Computer, right-click on the CD/DVD drive and then select EJECT. If this doesn’t work, you need to open it manually.
Get a paper clip and straighten it out. Poke the one end in the teeny tiny hole on the drive. Its location will vary depending on the make/model of the drive.
Here is a video that shows you how its done;
Studies indicate that the electronics in our life (tablets, computer, and smart phones) can lead to sleeping issues due to the light spectrum they emit. I’ve been searching for a solution to this problem, and this past week, I found a program called F.lux. It is a program that switches from Blue Light to warmer hues to induce the Melatonin in your brain so you can sleep at night.
It runs in the background, switching to the warmer hues at set times so you’re feeling tired at night. So far, I’m finding I feel tired around 10 pm or so. I want to go to bed earlier. This lets me get up earlier.
Just install on your computer (Windows or Mac) or get it for the iPhone/iPad, and I hardly notice the change in color over time. What I do notice is that I’m feeling tired at night. Generally I get alert and ready to take on the world past 9 pm, now I want to curl up on bed.
I high recommend this program.
WordPress Tags: insomnia
, natural methods
, sleep studies
An introduction to the iPhone 4S (IO8) and some hidden features to help you.